Following the few days excitement and the revelation in DWM #456, Big Finish has posted the details of their 50th anniversary special release, written by Nick Briggs, The Light at the End.
This post summarises the announcement and will no doubt be the start of some speculation and further announcements will follow.
The Story Synopsis
November 23rd 1963 proves to be a significant day in the lives of all eight Doctors…
It’s the day that Bob Dovie’s life is ripped apart…
It’s also a day that sets in motion a catastrophic chain of events which forces the first eight incarnations of the Doctor to fight for their very existence. As a mysterious, insidious chaos unfolds within the TARDIS, the barriers of time break apart…
From suburban England through war-torn alien landscapes and into a deadly, artificial dimension, all these Doctors and their companions must struggle against the power of an unfathomable, alien technology.
From the very beginning, it is clear that the Master is somehow involved. By the end, for the Doctors, there may only be darkness.
Cast so far announced: Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann (The Doctor), Louise Jameson (Leela), Sarah Sutton (Nyssa), Nicola Bryant (Peri), Sophie Aldred (Ace), India Fisher (Charley Pollard), Geoffrey Beevers (The Master) with special guest stars!
Two options are available at present:
- Two disc release download £12.99 / CD £14.99
- Five disc limited collector’s edition download £25 / CD £40. This includes wonderful story The Revenants previously available as a special gift
Speculation later, for now my reaction is:
- Good that it covers the living Doctors and I believe their will be a connection to the first three as well, presumably through the companions
- A focussed box-set release. We already have the AudioGo collaboration and this will not overshadow the main range or anything else. We won’t be diluting the main range
- I am pleased at the story only option so I can keep my budget under control.