With New Year’s Day approaching, it’s time to pen some thoughts ahead of the only episode of Doctor Who planned for 2019. Yes, another Chris Chibnall script and it’s Resolution [of the Dalek]. I want this to be good, I want this to make me readdress series 11 itself, most of all I want this to be memorable for the right reasons.
I’ve put some thoughts down in the form of a set of New Year’s resolutions; let’s see how it works…
- The Daleks are intrinsically evil and incapable of rehabilitation. The Dalek will be defeated no just buried again for someone else to sort out
- The Dalek will note the Doctor’s regeneration and maybe the gender change and be uninterested
- There will be other references to the Doctors past: Gallifrey, Time War, Cybermen, Sontarans, Ice Warriors, companions…
- There might be another surprise, perhaps someone from UNIT?
- Yaz will have more than a few lines and something relevant to do
- Graham will wonder how Daleks can climb stairs
- The TARDIS ‘fam’ will argue amongst themselves but pull together in the end
- Sheffield will once again be the centre of events
- The sonic will have problems
- We will see more of the TARDIS
- The Cloister Bell will ring
- There will be tea!
What have I missed? Let me know in the comments!
PS: I’ll be checking my list (twice) and reporting back in the New Year! Have a good one;-)