If you’ve come here and not watched The Night of the Doctor then stop and go and do it. Go to the BBC website. Go here. Go now.
So – every wild speculation and hope just got considered and now you have more questions. You’re bubbling with excitement. Remember, this is all just context (see Is the new trailer for Day of the Doctor showing the Time War?)
So, in a few short minutes let’s see what we got:
- The return of Paul McGann in the second TV story for the Eighth Doctor
- Canonisation of Big Finish (Lucie, Charley, Tamsin, Molly, C’rizz)
- The updated Big Finish / Eighth Doctor look
- The Sisterhood of Karn
- The regeneration of the Eighth Doctor
- A sense of the Time War
- The confirmation of John Hurt as the incarnation between McGann and Eccleston
- The introduction of the term War Doctor
Let’s face it – one may have varied opinions on Moffat’s tenure of the show but this really ticks some boxes. Now, how many seconds until the anniversary episode?